Our ParishHistoryFrom Church to Cathedral › Parade

    From Church to Cathedral
1957 ~ 2007
Celebrating 50 Years as a Cathedral
 
 


The pictures below were taken in front of the Cathedral  facing west as the parade passed by.  The original St. Agnes Elementary School on the site of the current rectory can be seen in the background of most of these pictures.  The front porch of the old rectory, which was set back from the street, can be seen in several of the pictures.  The old rectory occupied the open area between the current rectory and the cathedral. Finally, in some of the pictures the upper floors of St. Agnes Academic High School can be seen behind the elementary school and rectory.   The Parish Activity Center currently occupies the site of the High School.

Click on each photo to enlarge

  
   
     
     
     
                  

PreviousNext

Sources:
- "From a Blacksmith Shop To A Majestic Gothic Edifice", 1935
- Leonard, CSJ, Sr. Joan de Lourdes, "Richly Blessed, The Diocese of Rockville Centre 1957-1990", (Walsworth Publishing, 1991)
- O'Neill, James "To Believe In A Vision"  (Delmar, 1983)
- "Rededication Journal", 1982
 
 
 
 

 
Home ~ Our Parish ~ Ministries ~ Parish School ~ Religious Education ~ Bulletin
 
Our Parish Mission
We, the parish of Saint Agnes Cathedral, a community of believers, proclaim the presence of Christ in the

world through Word, Sacrament and deeds.  Affirming the sanctity of each person, we minister to all
by committing ourselves to renewal, formation, and living the Gospel. 
 

   © Copyright 2017 ~ All Rights Reserved


NOTE: Many of the documents on this site require Adobe Reader©. Download for free from
Adobe
Parish of Saint Agnes Cathedral
29 Quealy Place
Rockville Centre, NY 11570
516-766-0205
Directions | Contact Us